LOLA Arts will be participating in National Make Music – the Winter edition – again this year. We have developed an idea for Winter that musicians can help out with from afar. Our event will be a drop-in campfire gathering held in the LOLA parking lot on the designated Make Music Winter day with holiday music piped outside for people to enjoy AND join in by shaking SLEIGH BELLS and/other percussion instruments.
Here is where you can help out. . . We’d like to compile our playlist from recordings sent in by you, our musicians!
How Would This Work?
I have selected secular holiday songs that lend themselves to having a chorus of sleigh bells accompaniment.
Here are more details:
- I will only make an audio recording. Feel free to send a video – I can take the audio off the video.
- I am looking for instrumental versions, song versions, any instrument, voice, etc.
- 2 minutes or more in length (feel free to repeat)
- Feel free to change things up – for example – Jingle Bells in blues, tango, celtic, reggae, etc style
- Send more than one song!
- Send a photo of yourself and if you have a website for our promo/thank you page.
- Record yourself using a phone, ipad or computer. OR come to LOLA and I will record you.
- Send to me firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Dec 1st.
Click here for the song list – it is ok if songs are performed by more than one person, so no need to let me know your song in advance. If you are willing to do this, I’d love it if you would send me a quick email letting me know you will be working on sending something to me!
Questions? Please email me at email@example.com.
Jennifer Anderson, Executive Director